Impact Test Engineer - Vehicle Crash
Company: InDepth Engineering Solutions, LLC
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Crash Safety Test Engineer is responsible for the planning,
preparing and performing crash safety-related testing and ensuring
successful completion of full-size vehicle and/or occupant sled
testing. This role requires knowledge in domestic and global
regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing impact test regulations and test request provided by
requestor, providing work instructions to Salaried Bargaining Unit
technicians, mechanics and photographers, performing test to
regulations and post test data validations.
- Ensuring the impact test data acquisition systems are properly
configured and are capturing the required test data.
- Interfacing with equipment suppliers/internal departments to
coordinate calibrations/repair, keep up on current software and
hardware best practices.
- Performing onsite physical prep and test, working with the
vehicle, test related hardware and software.
- Development and implementation of new test methods and/or
- Familiarity with global impact test regulations and may also
involve managing improvements to Anthropomorphic Test Dummy (ATD)
fleet and department processes.
- Please note, this role includes 1st and or 2nd shift, as well as
providing support 7 days/week
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 1-3 years of automotive experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & MS Teams
- Ability to work independently and well within a team.
- The candidate must also possess strong planning, organizational
skills and have excellent communicate skills.
- Ability to manage several continuous improvement initiatives and
engineering projects without disruption of day to day testing
activities - all with minimal supervision.
- Effective operation of precise data acquisition equipment and
software, or demonstrate capabilities for mastering these systems
in adequate time.
- Familiarity with Hypergraph Analytical Software, Canalizer,
Math-lab software and Omega Temp loggers a plus
- 3-5 years' experience in automotive test facility, impact testing
- Knowledge or experience with logistics planning, warehouse
management, or material handling.
- Basic knowledge of LEAN principles and process improvement
practices. Basic knowledge of standard problem solving techniques
(8D, fishbone analysis, 5-Why, etc).
- Basic knowledge of automotive restraint systems (airbag, seat
belts, etc.) and interior trim assembly (instrument panels, seats,
- Exposure to working with or supervising a unionized
- Familiarity with global test regulations (NHTSA, FMVSS, EuroNCAP,
etc.) and third party test procedures (IIHS).
- Masters Electrical Engineering.
Keywords: InDepth Engineering Solutions, LLC, Chelsea , Impact Test Engineer - Vehicle Crash, Engineering , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!