Senior Wi-Fi Network Operations Engineer
Company: KYYBA, Inc
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This contractor will be working specifically on Wi-Fi hardware and
software. His main role and responsibility will be to work in an
operational role supporting any and all WIFI hardware and software
along with any hand held device issues. The contractor will also be
responsible for administering our PRIME application, which will
include setting up of alerts, maintaining the integrity of all data
that is in PRIME as well as work on reporting, and outages. He will
also assist with the administration of the wireless controllers,
wherever they may be deployed.
There will be be some setting up of new AP's in our Staging Area,
configuring the AP's so that they receive an IP Address,
downloading new Software compatible with the Wireless Controllers,
recording the MAC Addresses for Security to be used for the DHCP
Server, Labeling the AP's with correct location. The contractor
will also be responsible for adding new heat maps into Cisco Prime,
loading AP's into Prime and taking care of Rogue AP's.
Additionally, this contractor will perform operational
troubleshooting, not only for WIFI, but any network issues when
time is available.
Other responsibilities will include performing adhoc Network
Operational Engineering tasks as needed by the Manager of Network
Operations (Jack Cunningham) as well as fill in as an additional
resource on other high priority Network Operational tasks.
- Expertise with configuring Cisco Wireless Access Points (AP's),
Cisco Wireless Controllers and Cisco Prime.
- Experience with Cisco ICE
- Expertise with adding heat maps, AP's and switches into Cisco
- Expert troubleshooting skills specifically with Enterprise Wi-Fi
- Strong operational support on a daily and weekly basis.
- Expertise in deploying Cisco Wireless, Controllers, and AP's and
- Preferred expertise with Cisco Networking, including WAN
deployments, routing, routing protocols, QoS, TCP/IP and the
ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN network engineering technologies
including routers, enterprise class switches, and load
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, installing, and
supporting complex Wireless networks utilizing Cisco Systems
- Preferred formalize Cisco Wireless training.
- Understanding of LAN Switching (L2 -L3) including VLANs, Private
VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel, VTP, and Spanning Tree.
- Network documentation including intermediate to advanced
knowledge of Visio.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
Keywords: KYYBA, Inc, Chelsea , Senior Wi-Fi Network Operations Engineer, Engineering , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!