Chief Information Security Officer
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: January 15, 2021
An Official website of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Job
Description - Chief Information Security Officer (200007ME) Job
Description Chief Information Security Officer - ( 200007ME )
Description Overview A&F IT is a unit under the Executive
Office for Administration & Finance (A&F) that is overseen by
the A&F IT Chief Information Officer (A&F CIO). A&F IT
is comprised of 186 employees working on IT systems and
applications for 15 various A&F agencies. Information regarding
these supported agencies is available at--
--(see section on "Related Organizations"). A&F IT is seeking
a-- highly motivated, experienced professional with a background in
IT to serve as its-- Chief Information Security Officer
(CISO).--The CISO will be a member of A&F IT's senior team and
report to the A&F CIO. The CISO will manage a staff of 5-7
individuals. The CISO will ensure the confidentiality, integrity
and availability of information by communicating risk; creating and
maintaining enforceable policies supporting processes; and ensuring
compliance with regulatory requirements. The CISO will coordinate
security-related activities with A&F IT-supported agencies.
Activities include the evaluation, procurement and deployment of
security-related products and the development and coordination of
security awareness, disaster recovery and incident response plans.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Exercising strong leadership, while ensuring resources are
appropriate, have adequate tools and work in a cohesive and
- Maintaining IT standards, documentation and support in
alignment with Commonwealth IT policies and procedures.
- Implementing a security control framework across supported
- Collaborating with the Executive Office of Technology Services
and Security (EOTSS) on strategic initiatives and security
- Developing communication strategies and building professional
relationships with security peers across the Commonwealth.
- Developing, initiating, maintaining and revising security
policies and procedures.
- Monitoring emerging technologies for potential impacts to
operations and long-term strategy.
- Coordinating risk management and internal audit to direct
compliance issues to appropriate reviewing bodies.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and
risk; directing the development and implementation of corrective
action plans for resolution of identified issues.
- Ensuring adherence to legal standards regarding information
security compliance; implementing and following industry standards
and best practices for security compliance; and developing
reliable, efficient and effective project development
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to address existing and
evolving security threats.
- In collaboration with DOR's Risk Management team, liaise with
the IRS safeguards and other governing agencies in support of
periodic security assessments. Qualifications The right candidate
will be a strategic thinker, collaborative partner, and strong
personnel manager with deep experience in IT. Strong communication
and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage in a public and
dynamic milieu are essential. -- Required knowledge, skills and
- 15 years of experience within information technology
- 10 years of experience in information security or cyber
security; with at least 5 years of exposure to various security
frameworks, preferably NIST
- 5 years of managerial, team leadership or supervisory
experience in large, matrixed organizations
- Extensive experience with policies/procedures, application
design, information analysis and reporting, networking and systems
integration, security control, audits, risk analysis and disaster
- Ability to supervise staff including performance appraisal,
employee coaching, training, development and performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a
proven ability to translate security and risk to all levels of the
business in technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with a variety of stakeholders Preferred knowledge, skills and
- CISSP, CISM or CISA certification, etc.
- Government or public sector experience Qualifications MINIMUM
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) seven (7)
years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional,
administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in IT
administration or IT management, of which (B) at least three (3)
years must have been in a managerial capacity. An Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and
persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title : IT Manager IX Primary Location : United
States-Massachusetts-Chelsea-200 Arlington Street Job : Information
Systems and Technology Agency : Exec Office of Administration and
Finance Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Posting Number of
Openings : 1 Salary : 92,077.00 - 158,277.00 Yearly If you have
Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity
questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact
Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator : Allan Motenko -
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Chelsea , Chief Information Security Officer, Executive , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!