Director, Data and Analytics
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: August 7, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
(3-4 bullets, previously captured under scope) Directors within the
Insights & Analytics team of the Applied Data Sciences & Learning
organization will work with multi-disciplinary teams within a
functional area to understand business needs and provide strategic
and technical leadership in building descriptive, predictive, and
prescriptive analytic solutions that are translatable into
actionable business insights. SCOPE (complete below, as it applies
to role) Financial:Est. annual revenue range of accountability :
Oku YenEst. annual budget of responsibility: Oku
YenLeadership/People:No. of direct reports: 2 No. of indirect
reports: Geographic Scope:Global:___X___Regional:______Country
(-ies): if applicable ACCOUNTABILITIES (Describe the primary duties
and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential
functions of the job. Approximately 5 - 10 bulleted task statements
should be identified).
- Collaborate with a diverse set of users and partners to
translate unstructured, complex business problems into appropriate
data, modelling and analytical plans.
- Oversee the operational activities related to the
implementation of these data, modelling and analytical plans.
- Oversee the ingestion and classification of data from diverse
sources, including clinical trials, electronic health records,
insurance claims, patient registries, medical devices etc.
- Oversee activities related to research and development of
models and methods to guide and influence decision-making within a
functional area (e.g. Real World Data / Evidence (RWD/E), medical
imaging & other unstructured data sets, operational data (finance,
manufacturing, supply chain etc.)).
- Partner with domain experts to translate modeling outputs into
- Partner with technology resources to enable rapid prototyping
to inform the design of analytical products.
- Support the adoption of analytic products through effective
storytelling and collaboration with key partners.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of Data Scientists &
- Build external alliances to assess and share industry trends
across the R&D organization. CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
(Describe what is critical and/or what differentiates this role).
- 10+ years of experience in the in the Life Sciences sector
(Pharmaceutical / biotech. / medical device companies, healthcare
payers and providers etc.).
- 5- 10 years of experience in working with data from any of the
following sources and types:RWD, digital devices, imaging, audio,
operational data (finance, manufacturing, supply chain).
- 5+ years of experience in managing analytic teams with varied
skill sets (statistics, epidemiology, data science, machine
learning, data management etc.).
- Understanding of algorithm design, development, optimization,
scaling and application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis,
and consultancy skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels
- Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (e.g., AWS,
Azure, etc.). DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line)
Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and
complexity of technical knowledge)
- Comprehensive understanding of the Life Sciences sector
(Pharmaceutical / biotech. / medical device companies, healthcare
payers and providers etc.).Leadership (Vision, strategy and
business alignment, people management, communication, influencing
others, managing change)
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and
- Functional level leadership with the ability to inspire,
motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas
and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender
credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple
- Demonstrates leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and
role models these behaviors for the organization
- Builds teams across functions and geographies with individuals
who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key
- Invests time in helping others to enhance their skills and
perform at a higher levelDecision-making and Autonomy (The capacity
and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in
decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions,
- Decision making responsibilities:
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and
stakeholders to drive innovative solutionsInteraction (The span and
nature of one s engagement with others when performing one s job,
internal and external relationships)
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda,
with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate
effectively with other interfacing Takeda functionsInnovation (The
required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing,
innovation and risk taking)
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the
business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment
of the environment affecting the business.
- Role models respect and inclusion, creating a culture that
fosters innovationComplexity (Products managed, mix of businesses,
internal and/or external business environment, cultural
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external)
with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level
perspective EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: (List
the essential and desirable education and competency requirements
to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum
requirements should be noted.) Essential Requirements:
- Master s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or
another quantitative field.Desirable:
- PhD. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or another
- Experience in novel methods development and application.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Add any information legally required for
your country here) EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment
to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law. Locations Boston, MA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Chelsea , Director, Data and Analytics, Executive , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!