Director of Business Applications and Software
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce.
Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food
and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're
an industry changer - we created the first and only fully
autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving
towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and
leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have
theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and
resources of a proven organization.
In This Role:
- Lead software identification and implementation for
- Drive and partner with IT as the business owner of our
operations excellence software applications.
- Implement the following enterprise applications (including but
not limited to): MRP, MES, CAPA, PLM and Doc Control
- Build software platforms for the enterprise to be used across
- Develop the software capital investment plans, ROIs and
justifications. Deliver on those plans.
- Define, manage and improve the software and product development
processes by working closely with cross functional leaders to
deliver world class operations applications.
- Deliver project plans to manage the day-to-day activities for
- Facilitate new business processes. Execute medium- to
- Provide leadership, strategic planning and budgeting for the
execution of enterprise systems.
- Develop applications across waterfall and agile environments to
ensure business applications are delivered on-time and under
- Integrate DevOps best practices and capabilities into
operations and engineering development teams.
- Influence and lead cross functional, sourced or matrixed
- Manage large application development systems.
- Develop and implement training programs for new business
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, or related field;
Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of application development leadership
- 5+ years of Manufacturing experience.
- 7+ years of people leadership with direct reports and matrix
- Experience with technologies : SAP, C++ or C sharp development,
Python, application software for MRP, MES, PLM and Quality
- Experience with leading innovative, technically complex
solutions for business and consumer-facing audiences.
- Experience with designing & implementing cloud native
- Strong understanding of API platforms, back-end services,
database and networking components of full stack
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.by
Keywords: Symbotic, Chelsea , Director of Business Applications and Software, Executive , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!