Senior Customer Success Manager
Company: Mimecast North America, Inc.
Posted on: August 22, 2019
Job Locations US-MA-Lexington
Senior Customer Success Manager
Permanent Full Time
Senior CS Managers are responsible for representing the customer
within the business, interfacing with all departments to ensure
customer delight. A Senior CS Manager has the responsibility for a
portfolio of Enterprise grade customers. They are the custodians of
the experience within that base from a proactive and reactive
perspective. The Senior CS Manager is a complex, demanding and
highly visible role with many outcomes expected.
This person must be organized and reliable at all levels, always
delivering on their promises and meeting deadlines being a part of
their DNA. They must be flexible, adaptable and able to work under
pressure from all areas while producing high quality work that
conforms to the demands of a key customer base with extremely high
standards and expectations. It requires an individual with good
business acumen, strong planning skills, sound technical
orientation, excellent relationship building skills and strategic
execution ability to drive success.
* Customer Delight
* Develop, review and implement Customer Account Plans for the
designated base to deliver on the outcomes of the Customer Success
* Relationship building through regular customer meetings and/or
* Being decisive and confident where required to execute on
customer requirements within strict time frames in order to delight
* Executing defined CS strategies within the designated customer
* Following up on surveys based on the guidelines provided.
* Gaining permission from happy customers to use their feedback in
various forms of reference activities.
* Identifying upsell opportunity within the assigned base and
ensuring the Upsell Manager is aware and engaged.
* Customer Retention
* Protecting ARR via customer retention and satisfaction programs
derived from the Customer Success Strategy
* Build strong relationships to help proactively mitigate the risk
of churn. Ensure Mimecast is part of the budget planning process
and ensure there are no surprises from our largest customers.
* Increase the value of the Mimecast service within the customer
base by ensuring feature utilization including end user
* For customers @Risk, regular updates will need to be provided to
appropriate management and documented within the CRM System
* General Customer Management
* Be a known point of contact for relationship building for these
customers, including escalations where required
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve customer problems where
appropriate, alternatively to be able to escalate where required
and use additional internal resources as needed
* Drive customer education through training awareness and
attendance, as well as ability to share knowledge and demonstrate
or train when required
* Methodical and diligent record keeping and database management
within the CRM system to illustrate engagement levels and value
* Relationship building at all levels of an organization through
proactive contact including but not limited to:
* Face to Face engagements with top customers where required
* Driving one-to-many engagements through events
* Live telephone conversations as often as possible. One to many
communication thru online webinars. Written communication where
* Management of key deployment projects where required in
customers, coordinating various parties across the business to
deliver on the required outcomes
* Business and Financial Understanding in order to plan
strategically in client base NPV, Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost to
acquire, cost to serve
* Support the Customer Development Manager and Licensing team on
renewal negotiation, contract and SLA management.
* 4 year degree required
* 10 year s work experience in a relevant role with 2 years in a
strategic/enterprise account management role, IT background or a
* Fast paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial company preferably SAAS
company experience preferred
* Excellent people skills i.e. ability to build relationships,
networking and understanding channel complexities
* Good administrative skills including:
* Planning and time management to execute within parameters
* Risk forecasting and reporting general adherence to internal
* Proficiency in MS Office and other business tools to communicate
and/or present professionally to customers
* Great communication skills verbal and written, ability to
communicate clearly and effectively
* Business skills and financial acumen to plan strategically
against business levers such as NPV, Margin, C2S etc.
Key Performance Indicators
* Revenue protection through retention and risk avoidance. Ensuring
customers are using the service to obtain the highest value.
* Customer survey follow-up including CXi NPS and Mood surveys.
Increase customer references within the base (including quotes,
verbal references, case studies, testimonials, referrals etc.).
* Management and tracking of customer engagement within the CRM
tool including daily interactions and more formal interactions such
as service reviews and quarterly business reviews.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package
including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is
an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the
right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities.
All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers,
and team players with passion and integrity.
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that
values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender,
race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other
protected group status. EEO is the Law
Keywords: Mimecast North America, Inc., Chelsea , Senior Customer Success Manager, Executive , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!