Company: Mount Auburn Hospital
Posted on: August 22, 2019
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Acts as the lead person in the daily operations of the office.
Manages the daily tasks of the Medical Office ensuring problem
resolution of issues as they occur. Improves and maintains patient
2. Responsible for the coordination of coverage to ensure that the
office is adequately staffed and running efficiently at all times.
Maintains providers vacation and CME time off.
3. In coordination with the Group Practice Director, establishes,
implements, and monitors office policies, procedures, and
4. Responsible for performance management: conducts evaluations,
collaborates with HR and Group Practice Directors to addresses
performance gaps, engages in disciplinary action if required.
5. Assures proper maintenance of office, including ordering
equipment, services, offices and medical supplies. Monitors
invoices for accuracy. Maintain close contact with Hospital
departments, outside vendors, and property management to ensure the
equipment and site is in safe working condition.
6. Trains new administrative and clinical staff. Responsible for
screening and selecting potential candidates for open
7. Coordinates the onboarding process for both temporary staff and
employees, including but not limited to scheduling epic training,
obtaining IT access, passwords, and ID badges.
8. Monitors the revenue cycle process to ensure compliance with:
data collection and entry, co-pay management, charge entry,
9. Responds to patient inquiries and billing problems.
10. Supports marketing strategies for the practice as it relates to
new patient business.
11. Reviews payroll data in Kronos and authorizes weekly timecards
for department staff.
12. Assists in preparation and management of office budget by
identifying revenue opportunities and analyzing variances.
13. Handles telephone calls for the physicians, takes messages, and
routes appropriately, notifies physicians or takes steps to locate
covering physician for any patient emergencies (uses own judgement
in determinations regarding patient emergencies and need to locate
physician), and assist physician in returning telephone calls and
14. Manages and monitors provider s schedules and uses independent
judgement to make adjustments based on work flow.
15. Facilitates continuing education and training for all support
staff and providers.
16. Conducts staff meetings and attends departmental specific as
well as organizational meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school diploma. Three to five years experience in a
physician s office, working as a medical secretary/clinical
assistant. Some management experience helpful.
2. Knowledge of medical billing. Knowledge of terminology.
3. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to teach and monitor staff of
1. Normal office environment.
2. Some exposure to patients and related hazards when performing
procedures such as phlebotomy.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal
opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for
advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your
unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment
in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without
regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
Keywords: Mount Auburn Hospital, Chelsea , Office Manager, Executive , Cambridge, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!