Urgent Care Technician
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Job Summary: Performs multiple clinical and practice support
responsibilities in coordination with a team of healthcare
providers to expedite the flow of patients in an urgent care
setting and provides the best experience and care for patients.
* Prioritizes and completes responsibilities delegated by nurses
and physicians. Maintains a calm and professional demeanor while
working in a fast pace, highly demanding environment. Demonstrates
effective problem solving skills, strong communication skills, act
as a positive member of the care team, display a commitment to
providing outstanding customer service and attention to detail.
* Performs a variety of patient care duties including but not
limited to EKGs, vital signs, wound care, splinting, crutch
walking, and assisting patients in activities of daily living.
Assists providers in the delivery of care and assists patients who
have physical and psychological limitation
* Performs phlebotomy, specimen collection and point of care lab
testing according to lab protocols and quality control standards.
Communicates results to the appropriate staff and documents results
in the medical record in a timely manner.
* Maintains supply inventory needed to maintain daily operations.
Stocks medical and surgical and office supplies, along with linen
and other supplies required in the department. Ensures used
equipment is cleaned by appropriate process and is ready for the
* Completes regular rounding on all patients following department
process. Communicates with patients on any unexpected delays.
Performs additional functions as needed and under the direction of
clinic leadership to provide an optimal and efficient patient care
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* EMT, Paramedic, Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant
training. Emergency Department experience.
* Urgent Care or Emergency Department experience.
* Nursing student with completion of one clinical rotation or other
direct patient care experience.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
* Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
* Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
* Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
* Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or
work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
* Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult:
16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is
physically active in all elements of the job.
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Chelsea , Urgent Care Technician, Healthcare , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!