The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is hiring a Group Leader at our Chelsea Corps
location. We have a truly excellent benefit package to eligible
• Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays,
personal days, vacation time and sick time.
• Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin
after 1 year of employment)
• Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee
premiums, co-pays and deductibles
• Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short
Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
Under supervision of the Site Coordinator, the group leader is
responsible for the daily programs, safety and well-being of the
children. The group leader will work closely with the Site
Coordinator, bringing to his/her attention concerns that relate to
the children and/or the program.
• Must be at least18 years of age and meet one of the following
OCCS sets of requirements:
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree, and
have three months of experience working with school age children;
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent; and have six months
of experience working with school age children including three
months of supervised experience at a school age child care program,
• Have nine (9) months experience with school age children
including three months supervised experience at a school age
• Must be able to plan, prepare, and implement the day-to-day
• Responsible for assuring a high level and enthusiasm when
working with the children
• Responsible for working with the Site Coordinator and other
staff to assure the safety of the children enrolled in the
• Ability to communicate any and all problems or concerns to the
Site Coordinator, who will inform the Administrator
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.