Desktop Support Specialist
Company: IntePros Consulting
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to): Asset
- Deploy, repair, test and inventory software
- Maintain inventories of all IT assets
- Implement IT enterprise images for PC's (Desktop/Laptop)
- Install operating systems and software; patch systems and
protect against viruses/malware
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot devices; utilize IT tools
for remote management of desktops and laptops, track inventory,
push patches and upgrades Technical & Desktop Support:
- Provide user friendly, on-hand support to the users in multiple
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop, LAN, and
other miscellaneous hardware equipment problems for end users
- Analyze and resolve tier 1 and 2 issues within Service Level
- Determine if escalation of request to tier 3 subject matter
experts is required and escalate within Service Level Agreement
- Inform customers on the status of their requests and ensure
- Handle tickets effectively within timeframes outlined in
service level objectives
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required
- Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable
- Assist with:
- Local backup and restore process to include swapping tapes,
restoring files, and transfer of media
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network issues
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and integrity of the
- Local backup and restore process
- Site specific projects as related to network infrastructure &
- Install, configure, and support state issued mobile devices and
other tech devices such as iPads and tablets
- Perform system analysis and troubleshooting functions as they
relate to the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Install and maintain communication connections between
workstations, printers, etc.
- Assist in server installation/maintenance and act as liaison
between vendors and third level support for LAN/WAN peripherals
such as switches, routers, modems, hubs etc. Administration
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to
improve overall customer service and support
- Perform timely response and support during scheduled and
authorized non-business hours
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate any IT operations issues or
disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact
- Complete all activities within security policies and practices
to ensure the safety and privacy of data, its clients, and its
- Attend training sessions as required to keep abreast of
- Improve ticket queue management. Review to improve missed SLAs,
incorrect process flow and ticket documentation and resolution
rates and times.
- After hours support as authorized and required Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience supporting Microsoft
Operating Systems preferably in a service desk environment with a
help desk ticketing system and call queue.
- Must be able to handle high pressure scenarios in a timely
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands
- Demonstrated knowledge of Analysis Tools/Commands.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system and network security
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve hardware
issues independently and assess all tickets to improve workflows
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware,
including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows
Desktop Operating Systems & PC hardware configuration skills.
- Experience with Active Directory account creation, password
resets, distribution groups and other AD functions.
- Working technical knowledge of Intune and End Point
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (including O365, EMS,
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols,
operating systems, and standards
- Strong knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area
Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private
- Understanding of WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols such as
TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools and techniques.
- Experience facilitating new user setups including but not
limited to phone setup, network port activation and testing, PC
setup, network account creation, etc.
- Experience deploying/imaging desktops and laptops and
performing hardware diagnostics.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong service orientation and time management skills.
- Valid driver's license and ability to lift up to 35lbs.
Education and Certifications:
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications
desirable #Dice - provided by Dice
Keywords: IntePros Consulting, Chelsea , Desktop Support Specialist, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!