Technical Sales Engineer - BioPharma / Medical Devices
Posted on: November 12, 2021
The client is one of the largest suppliers of analytical
instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring
systems in the world. The candidate in this position is
responsible for a wide variety of sales-related functions including
sales of all assigned product lines, demonstrations, reports as
required, the maintenance and safekeeping of demonstration
instrumentation, computers, software, company vehicles, and other
company property, as well as other related duties which may be
assigned from time to time. The client will consider
reasonable accommodation including changing the way the job is
traditionally performed whenever necessary to provide individuals
with disabilities an equal employment opportunity. This position’s
primary focus is to achieve sales goals while maintaining excellent
customer relations and reporting back to the Regional and Home
Offices those factors, both positive and negative, that affect the
assigned territory. This person must exhibit the qualities noted
above, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Performing adequate sales calls, demonstrations, and other
calls as necessary
- Achieving and maintaining a high level of technical proficiency
in all areas related to the assigned product lines
- Conducting proper lead follow-up programs
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with all
- Maintenance of account records
- Timely submission of all required reports such as call reports,
expense accounts, forecasts, lost order reports, bid opening
results, competitive marketing information
- Submission of Territorial Marketing Plan
- Maintenance and safekeeping of all assigned company
- Must travel overnight as the position requires
- Must travel by air and drive as required.
- Degree in Chemistry or one of the pertinent Life Sciences with
At least three years of successful sales experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- The position requires frequent lifting (or by other means for
movement) of instrumentation/parts, may include frequent bending;
stooping, squatting, standing, walking, sitting for long periods of
time, and pulling/pushing of parts can also be expected.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 20 pounds routinely
throughout the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth
- The candidate is required to maintain proper housekeeping and
safety standards in particular to lab safety
- Proper use of personal protective equipment and safety devices
as required by the Corporate Safety Document policies and
procedures and/or customer dictated policy.
- This position is home-based and will require travel to customer
locations and/or the regional office.
- The position requires the candidate to have the ability to work
alone on projects, as well as, collaborate as part of a team.
Candidates may work at several different work sites during the
course of a business day in order to support the needs of
- The position requires proper handling of public inquires in a
prompt and friendly manner.
- CASUAL: Human Relations Skills, Corporate
- WORKING: Report Preparation, Chemistry, Customer
Relations Skills, Telemarketing Knowledge, Experience with Quota
Account Management Techniques
- THROUGH: Salesmanship, Time & Territory Profitability, Computer
Literate, Organizational Skills, Operation of
- The candidate must be able to make effective and efficient
decisions to solve problems based on customer needs and
Keywords: Bevov, Chelsea , Technical Sales Engineer - BioPharma / Medical Devices, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!