Licensed Dispensing Optician - $2,500 Sign on Bonus
Posted on: November 12, 2021
The LDO analyzes prescriptions to make recommendations that provide
the highest quality vision care to our patients. Additionally, the
LDO fits, measures, and adjusts eyeglasses to exceed the patients
needs and expectations. Additionally, problem solves any difficulty
a patient may experience regarding vision care. The LDO is
responsible to provide oversight on all prescriptions throughout
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide patients with exceptional customer service by
understanding and assisting the patient's needs.
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens
selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines
and options to educate patient.
- Converse with patients to analyze and assess patient's vision
problems and needs.
- Provide oversight on all prescriptions throughout the
- Maximize sales by using the company's best, better, good sales
concept, maximizing key areas; Promotions, product of choice,
Anti-Reflective coating, poly, warranties, 2nd pairs and backup
- Maximize insurance plans for patients and provide patients with
comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits
- Understand the company's cost of goods and retail fee
schedules. Be able to utilize knowledge of cost of goods to
eliminate situations where cost-conscious patients might consider
taking their Rx to a discount retailer ("walking Rx").
- Focus on all company Key Patient Indicators
- Educate patient on the adaptation of new Rx's and care of
- Use pupillometer, PD ruler and other technical aids for proper
fit and measurements.
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the
patients' needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of
- Understand all promotions, coupons and third-party programs
available through My Eye Dr.
- Conduct "Care Calls" on a daily basis to patients who received
their eyewear one week prior.
- Use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final
inspection of eyewear.
- Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for
- Fit and adjust completed eyewear for each patient.
- Ensure product pricing is accurate
- Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up. Inform management of any
job held over 30 days
- Clean and merchandise displays on a daily basis, displaying
effective merchandise at all times.
- Place all returns in their proper bins.
- Perform preliminary testing for patients, as needed.
- Accurately process patient payment transactions.
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
- Attend all office meetings.
- Participate in all training opportunities offered by My Eye Dr.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be State Board Certified Licensed Dispensing Optician
- AA or BA/BS in related field is desirable.
- 2-5 years of related eyewear experience within a similar office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated success in a retail, office environment addressing
a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences.
- Strong comfort level with optical and lens related
- Demonstrates the ability to actively oversee, understand and
describe multiple prescriptions daily.
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive patient rapport and
build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven
ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and ensure that patient
commitments/deadlines are met
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems
standard to the optometry industry
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange
information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and
move about the office.
- This position is performed in a traditional retail office
Keywords: MyEyeDr, Chelsea , Licensed Dispensing Optician - $2,500 Sign on Bonus, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!