Technical Sales Representative
Posted on: June 23, 2022
In the midst of a materials revolution innovation is moving
forward at an unprecedented speed. Over the next decade the rapid
advancement in materials will have a massive impact.TA Instruments
and Waters are working together to aid this advancement. Supporting
a wide array of markets and measurements to meet the most demanding
applications. Our instrumentation unparalleled in performance,
precision and versatility can help you move forward fast to become
a key player in the development of these new materials.
No matter the market, no matter the material, no matter the
application TA Instruments and Waters will be there creating
tomorrow with the tools of today.TA Instruments is looking to hire
an enthusiastic Technical Sales Engineer to direct sales of our
world-class analytical instruments.This person will be based of out
the Boston, MA area and will be covering the Boston market.
- Direct the sales of TA Instruments thermal analysis, rheology,
microcalorimetry, and thermophysical systems to R&D labs, QC
labs, government and academic laboratories within assigned
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales
presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and training.
- Strive to pursue new business prospects and penetrate
- Communicate via email, social media, and phone with potential
new customers and forward appropriate information to corresponding
territory sales representative for follow-up.
- Work closely with TA Sales Representatives, Inside Sales team,
and Regional Applications staff to discuss leads and research
strategies on a weekly basis.
- Maintain an up to date customer/contact database to support the
distribution of marketing materials.
- Attend product related technical shows and other marketing
related activities and represent company products and
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts.
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical
Engineering or other technical field.Experience:
- 2+ minimum years experience in capital equipment sales; prior
thermal, rheology, microcalorimetry, or thermophysical properties
experience highly desirable
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be
ultra-responsive to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically
including an effective telephone presence and professional email
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a
diverse customer base.
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve sales goals, good
time and territory management skills.Travel:
- Must possess a valid drivers license and credit card.
- Must be able to travel both by ground and air carrier.
- 30% over-night travel
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty
measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass
spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life,
materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than
7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35
countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products
available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating
business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to
enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery,
environmental management, food safety, and water quality. Working
at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their
careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be
better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. Were the
problem solvers and innovators that arent afraid to take risks to
transform the world of human health and well-being. Were all in it
together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed
today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow. Diversity and
inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation.
It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and
practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across
the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for
the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our
community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Waters, Chelsea , Technical Sales Representative, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!