Radiologic Technologist II - Chelsea
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Department Description: Schedule - Sat & Sun 9-530, Mon
1230-630, Friday 10-630
Outpatient radiology department in Chelsea that supports in-house
and community providers. On site urgent care department that
currently operates from 10-6pm Monday-Friday and 9-5pm Saturday and
Philips DR system, all readings done remotely.
Free parking!Job Location: Chelsea, MassachusettsReq ID:
Job Summary: Performs a wide range of radiology exams and
procedures. This position meets the scope of practice as defined by
the ASRT practice standard guidelines.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic exams of various
parts of the body which includes setting up equipment and patient
in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body
part under study. Enters instructions into computers,monitors and
evaluates images for accuracy and completeness of order. Makes
necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates radiographs for image quality and completeness.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs.
Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without
causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and
after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any
change to nurse or physician.Required Qualifications:
- Vocational or Technical training in Medical Radiography
required. Associate's degree in Medical Radiography preferred.
- License Radiology MA License required., and Registration
American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic
Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New hires required to have MA Rad Tech license by start
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification.
Certification has to be with the American Heart Association
- New graduates will have 1 year from graduation to provide ARRT
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical
support specific to functional area and related
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
stressful situations.Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult:
16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or
50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and
requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Chelsea , Radiologic Technologist II - Chelsea, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!