Resident Services Coordinator
Company: Opportunity Communities
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Resident -Services -CoordinatorThe Neighborhood Developers -
provide stable homes within great neighborhoods, which serve as a
foundation for thriving families and individuals. - Our homes and
neighborhoods promote healthy families as well as work, economic,
and educational success. - -Resident -Services -contributes
directly to these goals by supporting stable tenancies and
-resident -health, and by connecting -residents -to each other and
the broader community. -Services -are provided through direct
-service -provision as well as through formal and informal
relationships with third party providers. -The -Resident -Services
-Coordinator delivers programs and amenities that support stable
tenancies and serve children, adults and seniors living in OppCo
properties under the direction of the VP of -Resident -Services.
The Coordinator will lead community engagement efforts in OppCo
properties to build social capital by fostering person-to-person
and people-to-place relationships, develop the skill and will of
-resident -leaders to take on leadership roles in the property and
in their community, encourage civic engagement in order to build
neighborhoods of choice were neighbors have elevated community
standards and a sense of efficacy. - This is a mobile position that
will require regular travel to Member agency's properties. - The
Coordinator will coordinate with property management staff and
community partners. - The Coordinator is responsible for supporting
partnerships with -service -providers to expand opportunities for
-residents -to access programming that would enhance their quality
of life. - -Essential Job Functions and ResponsibilitiesProgram
Development and Administration
- Maintain regular, scheduled onsite hours at larger
- Welcome new -residents -(and establish/maintain contact with
existing -residents) and explain the -resident -services -program
and -services -and provide information and support in accessing
local -service -resources; build relationships to support their
needs and goals.
- Prioritize -services -that assist -residents -to maintain
stable tenancies, including screening tenants for public benefits
eligibility, and support for tenants at risk of eviction.
- Develop supportive professional relationships with -residents
-that help them enhance the quality of their lives, empower them
and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve
- With the support of the VP for -Resident -Services -and the
-Resident -Services -Manager, identify individual and family with
-service -needs and provide direct -services -or supportive
linkages between -residents -and other -services -as appropriate;
maintain appropriate case notes in accordance with WISP
procedures.Resident -Community Building
- Implement activities that promote a healthy community among
-residents, facilitate support groups, family programs, social
celebrations and community engagement, and leadership development
- Plan and coordinate on-site and off-site social/recreational
- Organize and facilitate -resident -meetings; Problem solve with
-residents -when appropriate. Provide professional communication
and leadership in a variety of meeting/presentation settings that
support open, honest communications and inclusion of
- Support -resident -leadership and empowerment.
- Develop partnerships with existing organizations and programs
to offer new programs & events when possible.General
- Maintain accurate records, produce timely written and verbal
- Provide general assistance, as needed, for OppCo activities and
events, and undertake other activities and duties as
- Acquire and maintain any certifications required by OppCo or
for delivery of -services.
- Fulfil annual work plan and funding requirements.Non-Essential
- Participate in relevant industry forums and committees as
requested by Member agency to stay current with the field, and
increase visibility for the organization.
- Tell the story of our work to -residents, network members, and
funders by supporting program communicationsWork Requirements and
- College graduate or equivalent experience providing human
-services -or community engagement / outreach.
- Experience working with low-income families, seniors and
non-elderly disabled people
- Demonstrated strong cultural competence for working in a
diverse multi-cultural community.
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and
beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to
these differences with -residents -and in planning, implementing,
and evaluating programs and -services.
- Capable of building and maintaining partnerships with community
based organizations based on the needs of the -residents.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to carry out and
prioritize multiple ongoing projects
- Genuine enthusiasm for meeting, motivating, and involving
people in community activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish (both written and spoken)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
- Strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, and a commitment to
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fluid,
entrepreneurial environment; willingness to "roll up one's sleeves"
and extend beyond formal responsibilities based on the needs of the
- Ability to collect, track and understand data in order to
assess programs and partnerships.
- Proficiency with, Word required. Knowledge of Salesforce or
similar program preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and
- Experience working in a diverse multi-cultural community
- Experience producing e-newsletters and developing marketing
- Knowledge of affordable housing and community development
issuesQualification RequirementsTo perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a
satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
- Ability to travel to properties
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time
- professional developmentBenefits of working with TND
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances (80% employer paid)
- Group Life Insurance
- Voluntary Group Life Insurance
- FSA, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company contribution
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Vacation/sick/holiday paid time off
- Education reimbursement/assistance
- Professional developmentSalary: -$55,000To Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letterOpportunity Communities (OppCo)
provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for TND.
OppCo, and its members Nuestra Comunidad, TND and North Shore , are
equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train,
compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed,
color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any
other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: Opportunity Communities, Chelsea , Resident Services Coordinator, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!