Principal Research Scientist
Company: Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Who we are With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform,
Symbotic is changing the way consumer goods move through the supply
chain. Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
- Guide the strategy of the Tasking Algorithms team to create
optimized solutions for scheduling a fleet of mobile robots.
- Research, develop, and productize solutions for NP-Hard
optimization problems using combinatorial optimization.
- Design and develop real-time distributed software that
schedules tasks for fleets of mobile robots.
- Design software systems which are highly available & widely
- Attend conferences and stay up to date in the cutting-edge
field of optimization.
- Analyze a system of distributed software components using
performance, profiling, and debugging tools.
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with
creative and technical peers.
- Be able to travel to customer sites and receive feedback from
operations teams regarding the quality of the
- PhD in a Mathematics related discipline required. (i.e.,
Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science etc.).
- 5+ years professional experience developing solutions for
- Experience solving NP-Hard scheduling problems for real world
- Practical experience with mathematical optimization techniques
such as Linear and Mixed Integer Programing.
- Experience using optimization software (e.g., CPLEX, GoogleOR
Tools, Gurobi) to deploy products to the field.
- Experience developing optimization software.
- This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
and support unscheduled events.
- This person must be a self-starter and highly motivated.Bonus
- A hands-on problem solver with excellent software design and
- Experience with Windows and Linux development.
- Experience with developing unit tests and test automation
- Should be comfortable with asynchronous or multithread
- Experience with cross platform .NET core development.
- Professional experience developing software in C# and/or
- Experience analyzing large data sets by creating scripting
tools or using a framework such as ELK.About SymboticSymbotic is an
automation technology leader reimagining the supply chain with its
end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software platform. Symbotic
reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for the world's
largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage companies. Applying
next-gen technology, high-density storage and machine learning to
solve today's complex distribution challenges, Symbotic enables
companies to move goods with unmatched speed, agility, accuracy and
efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the Symbotic platform
transforms the flow of goods and the economics of supply chain for
its customers. For more information, visit www.symbotic.com .We are
a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who embrace
our differences, because we know unique perspectives make us
stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on the
collective voices of our employees, customers and community to help
guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Chelsea , Principal Research Scientist, Other , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!