Discovery Analyst - Servicenow
Company: LanceSoft Inc
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Perform operational activities as defined by Configuration
Management policies and procedures.
- Work with process and application owners to document mapping
requirements related to the capture of configuration data and
develop technical specifications and solutions.
- Collect and report on metrics as required.
- Create and implement a process to obtain and document the key
pre-requisites such as application credentials, access rules and
more to create and validate service maps for key
- Develop, implement, and support a monitoring process to
maintain the continuous accuracy of application service
- Plan and implement solutions for event management and
operational intelligence within the ITOM module to support EOTSS
- Document any issues or roadblocks during service mapping ,
including any ServiceNow requests submitted to help resolve the
- Map relationships between CIs and business services and
- Track, document and update the relationship/dependencies of
- Maintain the integrity of the service mapping tool across
production and non-production environments.
- Develop clear and concise technical & process documentation as
needed to support EOTSS teams and processes.
- Provide support and maintenance of mid-servers, supporting
Service Mapping and Discovery, as well as platform mid-servers
supporting AD integration and other processes.
- Monitor CMDB health and resolve conflicts between data
- Interpret Discovery logs and data to diagnose issues.
- Develop clear and concise technical and process
- Act as a supplemental resource to the ServiceNow team when
assistance is needed on projects which include Integration or
- Perform Platform and mid-server testing, upgrade, and QA
activities to support the ServiceNow team during the upgrade
- Ensures the discovery applications are functioning correctly to
integrate data to support registration of new Assets /
Configuration Items (CIs).
- Stays current on ServiceNow products and applicable ServiceNow
discovery and integration technologies related to the CMDB, CSDM,
- Act as a backup for Configuration Team daily activities.
- Two (2) to three (3) years in-depth experience working with
CM/CMDB, Discovery and Service Mapping in an enterprise
- Possess a strong background in ServiceNow and the ServiceNow
- Fundamental knowledge of Cloud Technology (AWS,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to
communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working with limited
- Must be a passionate team player.
- Interpersonal skills such as facilitation, negotiation and
working with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced
- MS O365 experience preferred.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Systems,
Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work
- ITIL V3/V4 certification is strongly preferred.
Keywords: LanceSoft Inc, Chelsea , Discovery Analyst - Servicenow, Professions , Chelsea, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!